This page is to be used as a resource and guide for students who will receive telephone academic advising.
In order to register for classes, you must have done the following:
- Sent in your Enrollment Deposit and Housing Forms to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Received academic advising from an advisor or your admissions counselor via telephone.
Please contact your Admissions Counselor at 800.722.6279 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Plan Your Program
The following resources will help you as you plan for class registration. Please familiarize yourself with this information prior to your Academic Advising.
- Spring 2013 Course Schedule: In order to choose your classes, you may refer to the Fall 2012 Class Schedule provided. This schedule includes the Academic Calendar, Final Exam Schedule, and Course Listings. Make sure to select the Undergraduate course schedule. Be sure to also check course changes and closed classes prior to registering for classes.
- Four-Year Plan: The Four-Year Plan is a planning resource you can use as you select the classes you’d like to enroll in. Following this plan does not guarantee completion of a degree in four years. Click on the link above to access the Four-Year Plan for your major.
- Academic Registration Worksheet: Use this worksheet when determining your class schedule with your advisor.
- Registration Quickguide: Step-by-step instructions on how to register for classes on the myVU student portal.
- Daily Schedule Planner Sheet: Print out this Planner Sheet and fill in your schedule to help you see what your class schedule will look like.
Other Important Information
- Health Insurance – All students must be enrolled in an insurance plan and are automatically charged Vanguard’s student health insurance. If you are covered under a family insurance plan, be sure to fill out the Health Insurance Waiver online at http://studentcenter.UHCSR.com/vanguard in order to waive out of Vanguard’s health insurance. When entering your ID number, do not put a “0” before your ID number. The waiver is not available until 24 hours after class registration. Contact the Residence Life Office at 714-662-5273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Registration – You will be mailed a Financial Registration Statement with your fall semester charges after enrolling in courses. Learn how to pay your VU expenses in full or enroll in a payment plan on the Financial Registration website. All students must complete the Financial Registration process by January 1. Contact the Office of Accounting Operation with any questions at 714-966-5486.